Home Makeover Of The Year 2018 Competition
Once again, our home makeover of the year competition is back, and in 2018 it will be better than ever.
This is our annual challenge, where we throw down the gauntlet to our readers, for them to show us what they can do.
We are looking to see the best turnaround in a room, all on a budget and to our strict guidelines.
To enter couldn’t be more simple.
Download the application pack, which asks for all your details and upload them, with the photos of the room that you are looking to transform.
Then, once your entry in the competition has been approved, you will be allowed to start.
The rules of the competition are simple;
You must do all the remodeling and designing yourself.
The total cost of the project must not exceed $1000.
You must have completed the project by the time of the deadline.
Once the deadline has passed, we will ask all our contributors to send their completed photos and videos to our competitions editor, for adjudication.
Shortlisted entrants will be visited in person by a representative of Flooring2day Magazine and then the judges will make their final choice.
There will be three prizes available.
- FIRST PRIZE: $10000 cash prize and feature in our upcoming magazine. There will also be the opportunity for the winner to write a guest editorial for our publication.
- SECOND PRIZE: $2000 cash prize and feature in our magazine.
- THIRD PRIZE: $1000 worth of gift vouchers and feature in our magazine.
- You must not begin the project before the start of the competition.
- You must not exceed the $1000 budget.
- Receipts must be kept for inspection by the judge.
- You must not hire a contractor or third party, except for essential work such as wiring electrical components etc.
- All the designs and plans must be your own.
- You agree to the judges visiting your home and inspecting your entry.
- All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any of the terms have been deemed to be violated, you will forfeit your prize.
- We are not liable for any damage or accident caused by taking part in the competition.
- In the event of any mistakes or misprints, we reserve the right to withhold the prize monies.
- Your legal rights are not affected.
For more of our terms and conditions, please see our competitions terms and conditions page.